Saturday, September 1, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

08/31/07
I am in Jackson, TN visiting my sister in law family with my entire in laws (the in laws and sister in law). It took 5 hrs to get here and it seems like a forever trip due to traffic. Hate those two lanes highway. Both of the kids are so excited about seeing their cousin that they couldn't sleep. Sister in law house is beautiful. I am surprise that MiKayla did not get into any fight with her cousin.

09/01/07
We went to Memphis, TN today to get some Pho+?. We end up in a Vietnamese restaurant named Vie^~n Do^ng and it was the worse Pho+? I ever ate. I guess I should know better that you can't find any good Vietnamese food in the area that the Vietnamese community is so small. We are heading back tomorrow and I hope to get some rest.

09/03/07
I am back at home and glad that the trip is over. It was the usual that during the course of the trip there were some arguing (always mẹ cằn nhằn cha, chị giâ.n chồng) and no one ever make a decision on where to go and what to eat. Of course yours truly does not say much since I want to stay clear of trouble or at least I am smart for not saying anything. Note to self (you should know better that history repeat itself, how many trips with the in laws until you say no more vacation with the in laws). We went to Nashville and stop by a Vietnamese restaurant name Kiên Giang. Food was again taste so bad. Now I wonder how hard it is to cook bu'n bo` hue^'. For some reason I have the craving for bu'n bo` this weekend. May be it is time for me to venture and cook a pot of bu'n bo` tomorrow. Will see if I am up to it.

3 comments:

zen said...

Hahaha, trips with the in-laws. Should have known better ha TrucMi?

Our family said...

Please upload your trip pictures!!! :-) I know you must be busy but I would like to see them :-)

K.C.Q said...

Im lặng là vàng là phương châm của Tím:))))